Hastings Fat Tuesday organisers are on the lookout for volunteers.
“We need YOU!”
…says recruiting sergeant John Knowles.
Fat Tuesday is Hastings’ annual mardi-gras music festival, a (mainly) free event over five days with celebration and music at its heart. This year’s dates are from 9 to 13 February 2018.
The festival needs volunteers to do a variety of jobs:
- Handing out flyers and programmes at events
- Front of house greeters
- Audience survey data collectors
- Marshalls for the Umbrella Parade
- Event support at the Mardi Gras Ball, Unplugged Saturday and the famous Fat Tuesday Tour.
This is a fabulous learning experience and a great event to have on your CV.
In return Fat Tuesday is offering:
- Entry to the best music events in town during the week!
- Two volunteer training sessions: one to prepare you for being a public face of Fat Tuesday. The second is a workshop guide to ‘working with the public’
- Guidance from the Fat Tuesday team for those of you interested in working in music/events industry
- Reference letters for future employees or colleges
- Travel expenses, so that you are not out of pocket by helping us.
Ideally organisers are looking for over 18s but they do have roles for older teens as well. They need people who can commit to a schedule, who love working with the public and who, ideally, are interested in music and events. You’ll be led by industry professionals and although there is a lot to do, they can promise you it will be a great event to be a part of, so step forward and be part of the good news story.
If you are interested, please contact John Knowles on 07813 03 55 14
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.